Quick Update...okay, maybe not so quick

Okay, okay, I am a slacker!!! I have been getting asked by so many people where the heck I have been with this thing. It is actually nice to know that people read it. But that just means that I have to work extra hard on actually keeping it up! :) That is okay, I really enjoy having it and I enjoy reading what my other friends are up to. So, I will try to keep this posting brief and let you know what we have been up to since November.
We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Ellensburg. It is always fun to have all of us kids together again. We don't get to see Brent very often because he is currently playing baseball for Lewis-Clark State in Idaho, and doing VERY well I might add. And this isn't just a proud sister bragging!!! He really is AMAZING!


CANCUN

The weekend after Thanksgiving, Jerrod, Kennedi and I took a vacation to Cancun, Mexico! It was so much fun. Kennedi loved the sand and pool, but she didn't enjoy the ocean very much. She also loved the daqueries (virgin of course!). The weather was perfect. There was only one day that was extrememly hot. Of course, that happened to be the day that we went into town to the market. Overall, it was a great family vacation. Here are just a few of the hundreds of photos that we took.





Once again, Jerrod helped to make one of my dreams come true. It has been a dream of mine for a long time to swim with dolphins, but I not only got to swim with them, I got to spend an entire day with them as a trainer! It was one of the most amazing days of my life. I got there in the morning and helped to prepare their food, I got to feed one of the dolphins and we helped to train one. Being able to be that close to a dolphin and being able to touch them was amazing. I had the biggest smile on my face the whole day and I literally had to hold back the tears. They are amazing animals. At the end of the day is when we were able to swim with them. It was so cool to be in the water with them and have them swim around us. We also were able to do the "foot push". That is when you float in the water and the dolphins come up underneath your feet and push on them with their noses so that you glide across the water. Well, my first attempt wasn't the greatest moment in my life.... I had a Tankini on and when they pushed me out of the water, my bottoms stayed in the water!!! Yes, that is right. I showed my big, white behind to all of those watching! Jerrod said that all of the families that were sitting around him were laughing really hard. Well, needless to say, I was embarrassed, but just laughed it off, and they let me do it again. (This time I held onto them with one hand!) Oh and don't worry, Jerrod even got a picture of it all! I won't be showing that one though. But, here is a picture of me actually doing it the right way.

It really was one of the best days ever!

CHRISTMAS

Two weeks after we got home from Mexico, we headed off to Oklahoma to spend Christmas with Jerrod's family. We had a lot of fun spending time with them. It was a lot of fun to see Kennedi enjoy Christmas a little bit more this year. She LOVED opening her presents and did very well for a 13 month old! She also loved all of the lights and ornaments on the Christmas tree. She really was the center of attention wherever we went. I am so thankful that they were able to spend some time with her. Here are a few pictures from there.

Kennedi in her Christmas dress. Playing on Nana Susie's piano.

Kennedi's very first baby doll. She loved giving her kisses.


Christmas Morning. Checking out what Santa brought her.


She LOVES these shoes!

Visiting with Nana Susies horses.

Kennedi got her ears pierced while we were in Oklahoma. I am NOT going to show those photos because really, it was a very hard day for her and me! Everything is fine now and she LOVES her earrings. If you ask her where they are, so will point to them and will act very proud. She really looks adorable with them.

JANUARY

We came home in January, and spent the first weekend back with my family. We opened up presents with them and I had one more suprise for Jerrod.

When we were all done opening gifts from my family, I told them that I had one more gift for Jerrod. He thought that I had felt bad because I hadn't got him enough for Christmas. (yeah right! :) )
I handed him a little box and he opened it with me by his side. It was a positive pregnancy test!! He was completely suprised. I was so excited to actually suprise him, because I never do! It was fun because no one had known before then. It was so much fun to do that for him.


So, we are having baby #2!!! We are so excited to add to our little family. This baby is due on August 28th. (But will probably wait and come in September just because his/her Grandma doesn't want him/her to.) (My little sister Kylie starts kindergarten the first week of September! )

We won't find out what the baby is until April 17th. But, I have the maternal instinct that it is a boy. We will just have to see if that is right! We really don't care either way. We are just excited for another little one to come to our family.

Kennedi is now 16 1/2 months old. (I add the 1/2 because it is all that much closer until she goes into our church nursery!!) She is really the light of our lives. She is learning so much every single day. She continually amazes us with her personality. She has learned how to close her eyes for prayer, but of course, it only lasts a few seconds. And she says "Amen" at the end. It is fun to see her learn in these ways as well. She has a new love for books and is constantly wanting to have them read to her. She found a new book that has a bunch of different pictures of objects for babies to learn, and she loves having us ask where the ball, or cat, or brush, or bed, or whatever it may be, so that she can point to them. She gets SO excited.

We just can't imagine our lives without this little girl. And that is why we are even more excited for the next baby to come. If we have fallen this in love with Kennedi, what is it going to be like with two of them?!

FEBRUARY

Jerrod and I finally got the chance to get away and have a couple of days to ourselves. He suprised me with a trip to Leavenworth for Valentines Day. We left Kennedi with my mom (she didn't miss us at all, by the way! )

We had the best time together. We stayed at the Run of the River which is a bed and breakfast. We had an amazing room. It was so much fun to fall even more in love with eachother. We snowshoed, went on a sleigh ride, and walked around downtown. Here are some fun pictures of that.








BROWER FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY
We are continually working on building our business. We have made some goals this year and are so excited about it. We actually just shot our first wedding last weekend. It was a lot of hard work, but also a lot of fun. We were so lucky to have such a great couple to work with. We were very happy with how the photos turned out and the couple was happy also (which is really the most important!) We are working on building our portfolio, building our website and just continuing to learn to be better photographers. When we have our website up and running, I will let you know what it is so that you can visit some of our galleries. And, if you know of anyone in need of a photographer, please let us know!
Well, I think that this update has been pretty long. Thanks for actually caring about whether or not I post. I will do my best to post more often. It is too hard to do one this long!!
We love you all and thank you for your support!

Comments

I Browers. It is Blaine and Hill. I found your blog through a friends and anyway I am so glad. It is fun to see what is going on in your neck of the woods. P.S. Congrats on the pregnancy--hope you are doing good Heidi.
Stan and Jamie said…
Heidi, FINALLY!!! I've been checking your blog all the time, and I was so excited to see that you had updated!! It looks like you guys have been having a blast! Congratulations on baby #2...I am so excited for you guys! I'll be excited to hear what you're having! That trip to Cancun sounds awesome...I was laughing so hard at your story about mooning everyone! Kennedi is still just so cute, but I'm sure you already know that! Well, this is long enough...but just know that I DO check your blog and love to keep up with you guys! Talk to you later!
Cassie said…
So your bro plays for LCSC?? I'll have to keep an eye out. I live in lewiston you know? Looks like you had a fun holiday season!
Rachel said…
hey heidi! soo good to hear your doing so well! congrats on your 2nd baby! im so excited for mine! your trip to cancun looked so fun! my parents went in february for their 25th wedding anniversary and loved it! makes me want to go!
Hey!! I just saw a link to your page from Brandon & Sarah's. I can't believe how big your little baby is. She is such a cutie!

Congrats on baby #2!
Katie said…
Apparantly I am behind as well because I didn't know you updated your blog until today!! (I did know that you were pregnant through facebook though!) I am so happy with the update...you have had a very eventful and exciting few months!! Continue to update with beautiful Kennedi and the new addition to come. We are excited to find out if it is a boy or girl!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years