FINALLY!!!!

WE'RE BACK!! Finally I have decided to sit down and just do this. So many of you have asked why I haven't written in here in a while. It is nice to know that you all care to see how our family is doing. We have been SO busy. Well, for a while, during the Summer, we were without a computer. Our hard drive crashed on us! It was terrible and in order to restore our files, and pictures we had to send it to a specialist and get it all recovered. My advice to all of you...BACK UP YOUR FILES!! It was not fun having to worry about all of our precious and priceless pictures. It is definately a mistake that we will not make again.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERROD!!
Other than that, we have been doing great. We celebrated Jerrod's 27th birthday with some friends. I made shish-ka-bobs for the first time and I think that they turned out pretty good! I made it a football theme to help Jerrod kick off the new season. Kennedi wore her OU cheer outfit for the occasio
TOMATOES GROWING OUT OUR EARS!!!
We also grew our very first garden this summer. We decided to plant tomatoes and a jalapeno plant. We have about a billion tomatoes and no jalapenos! :( This is our first cherry tomato that grew!


SILVERWOOD
Kennedi and I went to Silverwood Theme Park with my family. It was fun but we were sad that Jerrod couldn't join us. Kennedi was also sick, so she didn't have as much fun. I did get to go on a couple of roller coasters while Grandma watched her. Here is Grandpa with Kennedi, and below is our Roller Coaster picture. I didnt' want to spend the money on the picture that they take, so we re-enacted what we looked like...this is actually pretty accurate!
LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Jerrod is done with his Summer job...YEAH!! We have just been enjoying life being back to normal. We ended the summer with at bang at the Famous Kittitas County Rodeo and Fair. It is a fun tradition. I LOVE going home for this. It isn't the greatest fair in the world, and by no means big, but it is fun to be with my family and see familiar faces. Here are a few pics from that...




Kennedi had so much fun with the animals. I love my family! This is Mom, Laurel and me.
(Laurel always was the risque one of the bunch!)
Jerrod helped Kennedi play and win a ducky! She LOVES that ducky!!

Sitting at the parade. Great-Grandma and Kennedi watching.

Kennedi and Daddy...she did NOT like that lake water!!

JERROD'S FAMILY
We also had Jerrod's Dad and sister come and visit us for a while. We had so much fun hiking near Mt. Rainier and spending time together.

MT. RAINIER

Friday, we went to Mt Rainier, but it ended up being cloudy! We were so dissapointed that we weren't able to see the mountain, but still had fun hiking and seeing everything else.







Don't worry! My hand was right there!



Kennedi was very sleepy at the end of the day!


OUR SECOND ATTEMPT AT MT. RAINIER
We decided again on Monday to try to go back up to see if we could see Mt. Rainier again. Well, as you can see, we did. It was a GORGEOUS day. Being there really made me thankful for the beautiful creations that our Heavenly Father has given us.


"AAAAHHHHHH!!"
We loved having Grandpa and Jaela here. Kennedi had so much fun with them. Kennedi started "burping" after Jaela did. It was hilarious to watch.


ME AND PHOTO
My latest news is that I am taking a Photography class! It starts this Tuesday and runs for about 6 weeks. I am so excited. This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while. We just bought a new camera, so these next pictures are just ones that we have taken since the new camera. We have played around a lot with it. Right now I am very much an amatuer, but I am excited to learn and grow in this field.



Kennedi's first "owie". She had a hard time keeping the band-aid on!.
MEAL TIME= MESSY TIME
Kennedi has really enjoyed learning to feed herself. I have just had to learn to let her have fun and understand that she will often need a bath right after. Besides...these type of pictures really are priceless.
NAP TIME
On Saturday we found Kennedi taking a nap like this. It was hilarious! Her head kept bobbing and she just let us take pictures. Eventually she woke up and as you can see, she wasn't too happy about that.
MY LATEST PROJECT
I have decided to take on the project of making Kennedi's 1st birthday cake. We will be having a "Rubber Ducky" theme because she loves them so much. Thankfully, I bought the cake pan early so that I can get some practice. This was my first attempt and definately not my last. Jerrod is a bit worried, but I think that with time, I can get it right. I didn't use the right frosting, so that was my first problem. The other problem, well, I just struggle with these types of things, but I am determined to do it! Stay tuned for the final result somewhere around November 3rd.



My "Ugly Duckling"


UPDATE ON KENNEDI
Since I last wrote in here Kennedi has grown so much. She is now 10 months old. I can't believe that she is already that old. She has become my little buddy. We have a lot of fun together during the day. She has mastered crawling and pulling herself up. She is now free-standing for a few seconds. She frequently falls, but always pulls herself back up and stands again. She is a very good eater and only dislikes a few things. She mostly hates green beans. She will throw them on the floor if you put them on her tray. Like I said before, she has a love for rubber ducky's, so naturally, that is what she will be for Halloween. Her costume is so cute. We are getting ready for her 1st birthday. She is 1 on November 3rd. We will have a small party here with our friends and family. She really is the best baby. She makes us smile and laugh. She loves to give kisses. I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing than spending time with her and Jerrod. It is so much fun having our little family grow.
Well, I promise that this will be kept up more. This one is quite long, but I needed to get you all back informed about us. Now that I will be doing this more often, there won't be as many pictures or as much to say. I hope that you enjoyed!!
Feel free to leave us comments! We would love to hear from you!

Comments

Shelbi said…
Thanks for updating!! It's always fun to keep up-to-date on whats going on. Kennedi looks adorable in all of your photos you've done a great job! I knw you will love doing photography and You will be great...and you have someone realy great to practice on ... becouse come on...can kennedi take a bad picture :)??
Kristin said…
It is about time you updated this thing :)Kennedi is getting so big. I miss you so much. Love the cake...It makes me happy to see your crafty domestic skills..Love you guys!!!
Stan and Jamie said…
Yea Heidi!! I'm excited to see that you have a blog! It gets pretty addicting!! I'll be sure to check in on you from time to time! Feel free to visit mine...sjcoxfamily.blogspot.com... I love all your pictures, so cute! And that cake is the BEST!!! I'm sure it'll turn out just great!!
Anonymous said…
thanks for the update heid.... i love the pics and am glad to see you guys are doing so great!! we will have to get together next time you are in town.... and good luck with the photo class... i am sure you will do great! talk to you later dear!
camandholls said…
I didn't know you had a blog! You guys look like you're doing great and Kennedi is so cute!!! I can't believe she is already 10 months. That cake is awesome, I am impressed!
Katie said…
YAY!! FINALLY!! We were getting worried there...anyway, what a DOLL! Kennedi is ADORABLE! I love all the pictures and update..keep 'em coming!
Anonymous said…
Hey!

That was quite the update... your summer sounds like it was fantastic. The second day at Mt. Rainer really does show it's beauty. I miss that view...

For the record, you're a little too domesticated. A themed birthday party for Jerrod... making your own rubber ducky cake for Kennedi... growning your own tomatos... its just crazy. How do you find the time? I do nothing and still have no time to do awesome stuff like that. I'm impressed by people like you. Oh and the first try on the rubber ducky cake looked good to me.

Well my 'exciting' college life is calling me back to it. Homework can only be put off so long :)

Good luck with the photography thing... messing with the special features of great cameras is awesome... if you love it as an amatur you'll never want to set the camera down when you know what all you can do.

Have a fantastic day! Give my best to you and the family.

~Roxcie
Yean I am so glad that you are updating your blog. You look like you were very busy this summer, but it sure looked like fun. I can't believe that your little girl is almost one. Wow. She is a cutie. Take care.
Shelbi said…
Your Birthday stuff is super cute!! She makes a great duck by the way! :)
Shelbi said…
fINALLY WERE BACK My eye!! i HAVEN'T SEEN A POST IN WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

12

A VERY Significant Day

My Story--10 Years