Starting Out
So, I had a friend do this for her family, and I decided that it was a good idea. Not all of you have a "myspace" or a "facebook" account, so I thought that this would be a good way for you to all be informed of what our family is up to.
For those of you that don't know, we just bought our first home in Puyallup, WA. We love it. It is a perfect size for our little family.
Speaking of our little family, Kennedi is now 6 months old. She is growing and changing everyday. She will start solids and we are excited for that new endeavor. She already makes the funniest faces, so we are anxious to see her make more as she discovers new tastes and textures. She is sitting up very well and can stay up for very long periods of time before she gets tired and just falls over. She has rolled over a few times, but has not yet mastered it. She gets so close but that dang arm underneather her will not allow her to go over all the way. She LOVES to laugh and play. She especially loves toddlers. Her Aunty Kylie makes her laugh the hardest. She is so much fun to watch as she discovers new things. She is now putting herself to sleep...YEAH!!! (I highly reccommend the cry-it-out method.) Now I am going to hear it from the Grandma's. I know it sounds harsh, but after a couple days of whining, not really crying, she has learned how to self-sooth and put herself to sleep. This gives me a lot more time to get other things done. (like this for instance) She rolls onto her side when she sleeps and this is the way she sleeps 90% of the time. It is so cute. I still can't believe that she is already 6 months old. The time has flown by.
We are getting settled into our new ward. Jerrod and I just got new callings. I am the Personal Progress leader which means that I am helping out the girls 12-18 in our church with making goals on building a relationship with their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It just helps them to be strong young women who will some day become wives and mothers. Jerrod is the Deacons Quorum advisor, so he will be teaching lessons to the boys 12 and 13 in our church. He is very excited about it. He will do a great job. Jerrod also started back up with his second summer job with APX Alarm. He works for Boeing during the day and installs alarms in the late afternoon until the evening. It is hard because he isn't home much, but the money will be worth it. We want to invest and start saving for our kids' college and mission funds.
We just celebrated our second anniversary. So, we are experts at marraige now right??!! haha. I am happy to say that we have many many more years of perfecting our marriage. We are very happy and excited to see what our future holds. Can I just say that I have the BEST husband ever? The day of our anniversary, I woke up to 12 red roses and 2 white carnations. On each of the roses there was a month from the past year with a memory on it. The two white carnations had memories of the past two years. It was a great suprise. Then, when Jerrod got home from work, he handed me "coupon" that was "good for dinner for two and a half at the restaurant of your choice." He then gave me a clue as to where I could find the other coupon. Kennedi and I went on a hunt for our other coupons. We first made a stop at a friend's house where we found the second coupon. I then called Jerrod and he gave me the clue to the third coupon, which led me to the church. I found the coupon and Jerrod gave me a clue to the 4th and final coupon which was at Bed Bath and Beyond. So, after an hour of driving around in rush hour traffic, I went back home and we left right away to dinner. Jerrod wouldn't let me in the house. We ate dinner at Red Lobster and had a great dinner. After dinner we went back home and I read the second coupon which said that it was good for "an all-inclusive get away". On the table Jerrod set out our pajamas and he said that we had to change before our next destination. He then opened the blinds to our back door, and there was our tent set up on the back. He had our futon matress inside the tent and cute lights hanging and a S'more maker! It was so cute. I had a hard time fighting back the tears. It was so sweet. I opened the third coupon which said that it was good for a movie with goodies to go with it. So, we changed and went outside where we roasted marshmallows, drank sparkling cider and watched a movie on the lap top. Kennedi didn't really have a fun time though. She got tired, so she went to bed a little early. Afterwards we went inside and Jerrod gave me a card and another coupon that said that after I enjoy my gift, that the coupon was good for another year with him! My gift was a gift certificate to a spa for a massage and a facial. It really was a perfect day.
I enjoyed my massage and facial yesterday. It was so fun to go and get pampered. I felt like a million bucks. Kennedi stayed with a friend, so I was trying not to worry too much about her while I was there. It was WONDERFUL. I LOVED it. I told Jerrod that he was going to regret getting that for me because now I am ADDICTED. I want to go back! It is an expensive habit to get into though, so it will probably not happen very often. But, for all you moms, you need to go and pamper yourself at least once if not twice a year. You deserve it!!
Well, I think that I have said a lot in this first posting. I think that I will write more after Kennedi starts her solid food tonight. We will see how she like carrots or green beans. I haven't decided which to have her try first. Oh the small joys of parenting.
Have a great rest of the week.
For those of you that don't know, we just bought our first home in Puyallup, WA. We love it. It is a perfect size for our little family.
Speaking of our little family, Kennedi is now 6 months old. She is growing and changing everyday. She will start solids and we are excited for that new endeavor. She already makes the funniest faces, so we are anxious to see her make more as she discovers new tastes and textures. She is sitting up very well and can stay up for very long periods of time before she gets tired and just falls over. She has rolled over a few times, but has not yet mastered it. She gets so close but that dang arm underneather her will not allow her to go over all the way. She LOVES to laugh and play. She especially loves toddlers. Her Aunty Kylie makes her laugh the hardest. She is so much fun to watch as she discovers new things. She is now putting herself to sleep...YEAH!!! (I highly reccommend the cry-it-out method.) Now I am going to hear it from the Grandma's. I know it sounds harsh, but after a couple days of whining, not really crying, she has learned how to self-sooth and put herself to sleep. This gives me a lot more time to get other things done. (like this for instance) She rolls onto her side when she sleeps and this is the way she sleeps 90% of the time. It is so cute. I still can't believe that she is already 6 months old. The time has flown by.
We are getting settled into our new ward. Jerrod and I just got new callings. I am the Personal Progress leader which means that I am helping out the girls 12-18 in our church with making goals on building a relationship with their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It just helps them to be strong young women who will some day become wives and mothers. Jerrod is the Deacons Quorum advisor, so he will be teaching lessons to the boys 12 and 13 in our church. He is very excited about it. He will do a great job. Jerrod also started back up with his second summer job with APX Alarm. He works for Boeing during the day and installs alarms in the late afternoon until the evening. It is hard because he isn't home much, but the money will be worth it. We want to invest and start saving for our kids' college and mission funds.
We just celebrated our second anniversary. So, we are experts at marraige now right??!! haha. I am happy to say that we have many many more years of perfecting our marriage. We are very happy and excited to see what our future holds. Can I just say that I have the BEST husband ever? The day of our anniversary, I woke up to 12 red roses and 2 white carnations. On each of the roses there was a month from the past year with a memory on it. The two white carnations had memories of the past two years. It was a great suprise. Then, when Jerrod got home from work, he handed me "coupon" that was "good for dinner for two and a half at the restaurant of your choice." He then gave me a clue as to where I could find the other coupon. Kennedi and I went on a hunt for our other coupons. We first made a stop at a friend's house where we found the second coupon. I then called Jerrod and he gave me the clue to the third coupon, which led me to the church. I found the coupon and Jerrod gave me a clue to the 4th and final coupon which was at Bed Bath and Beyond. So, after an hour of driving around in rush hour traffic, I went back home and we left right away to dinner. Jerrod wouldn't let me in the house. We ate dinner at Red Lobster and had a great dinner. After dinner we went back home and I read the second coupon which said that it was good for "an all-inclusive get away". On the table Jerrod set out our pajamas and he said that we had to change before our next destination. He then opened the blinds to our back door, and there was our tent set up on the back. He had our futon matress inside the tent and cute lights hanging and a S'more maker! It was so cute. I had a hard time fighting back the tears. It was so sweet. I opened the third coupon which said that it was good for a movie with goodies to go with it. So, we changed and went outside where we roasted marshmallows, drank sparkling cider and watched a movie on the lap top. Kennedi didn't really have a fun time though. She got tired, so she went to bed a little early. Afterwards we went inside and Jerrod gave me a card and another coupon that said that after I enjoy my gift, that the coupon was good for another year with him! My gift was a gift certificate to a spa for a massage and a facial. It really was a perfect day.
I enjoyed my massage and facial yesterday. It was so fun to go and get pampered. I felt like a million bucks. Kennedi stayed with a friend, so I was trying not to worry too much about her while I was there. It was WONDERFUL. I LOVED it. I told Jerrod that he was going to regret getting that for me because now I am ADDICTED. I want to go back! It is an expensive habit to get into though, so it will probably not happen very often. But, for all you moms, you need to go and pamper yourself at least once if not twice a year. You deserve it!!
Well, I think that I have said a lot in this first posting. I think that I will write more after Kennedi starts her solid food tonight. We will see how she like carrots or green beans. I haven't decided which to have her try first. Oh the small joys of parenting.
Have a great rest of the week.
Comments
Cute blog. It's good to hear how you and your cute family are doing. I checked out your pics, Kennedi is soooo cute. And I look forward to the report on how the solid food goes . . . our little one started solids last week. He's getting the hang of it, slowly but surely. Definitely not a fan of the carrots. Take care, and I hope to see more!
Jeanene (your pal from Ecuador)
I loved this. I would love for you to show me how to set up one for our family.
I miss my baby! Have I told you that being a grandma is the BEST EVER! (actually being a new mom is right up there) What makes being a grandma the best is starting with a GREAT daughter! Love you, Mom
Kennedi is just tooooo cute! And you are right honey, you do have the best Husband ever! I love him so much for loving you so much. God bless you and I can not wait to be able to come see you. Love you Auntie MaryAnn